People have become so attached to their social lives, and texting, that they no longer care about their safety and that of the people around them. It is hard to recollect why a person would put a simply text message before the lives of human beings.
Will these offenders live to text another day???
With the mix of growing populations and new technologies, people should not be allowed to text message while driving! I think your right Chad, the people of today are putting their obsession with their own social lives before societies safety. Where did they learn this?
ReplyDeleteThe teens today have become so comfortable with their abilities to text they think it's okay to do it while driving. And the video below proves it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlYSPVro0Q
"I don't think that I will get in a car accident when I'm driving, because I think I'm a good enough texter."
This statement proves the point that a lot of teens are irresponsible enough to think that after all of the deaths and accidents that have happened they have no chance of affected by texting and driving.
For the couple of seconds a person looks away from the road on the highway they can cover a football fields distance. Regardless of how skilled a driver a person feels that they are. Understanding that so much can happen in such a small amount of time makes texting while driving a dangerous act. I would catagorize texting while driving as reckless driving and should be a fine. Alberta is one of the only provinces in Canada without a provincial wide ban on driving while using a cell phone. Alberta needs to follow suit as people continue to be hurt do to an unneccisary act.
ReplyDeleteVery good points everyone. It is terrifying to think that texting and driving is so prominent in Alberta! There should definitely be stricter legislation to stop this dangerous act. This is just another example of the abuse of an effective way of communicating. Technology now allows individuals to be in constant communication with each other but that does not mean that it should be done when it is dangerous to others!
ReplyDelete